Join Our Growing Team!
Talented and inspired Creatives, Designers and Architects are welcome!
G7A is a small, award-winning architectural firm with a focused interest in the intersection of architecture, technology and the arts all in the public interest. We maintain a sustainable approach to building and design, with an emphasis on social ethos and placemaking. The Bay Area is our home, and we strive to make it a better place.
About the Position and the Projects...
All opportunities are full-time positions with our firm. We have ongoing rehabilitation, new construction and tenant improvement projects in design and construction phases, as well as a recently awarded Stage 1 collaboration with Fougeron Architecture on Treasure Island for signature market rate housing, have just been shortlisted for Associate Architect with Mithun/Solomon on two blocks of affordable housing in the Hunters Point Shipyard development area, and have approached by BAR for a collaboration on a new MidPen housing development. As such, we have various positions for various levels of experience and talent to offer and fill immediately. This is a great opportunity to share and contribute your design chops, hone technical skills and gain critical experience in the practice of architecture.
Why You'll Love Working With Us...
We are a fun set of creative individuals, and it shows in our projects and relationships. We work hard to realize great projects that maintain their community roots in San Francisco and around the Bay Area. We do what we love, and love what we do. Within a small studio environment, we offer the right individuals phenomenal opportunities for personal and professional growth through practical experience, mentorship and professional associations and contacts. Our office structure and culture is anything but hierarchical. Instead, we function as a collaborative studio where we rely on the unique strengths of our entire team. This is also enhanced through our collaborative teaming with other well known and highly regarded firms that are leaders in the practive of placemaking, architecture and socially minded designs.
The best qualified candidates for the designer, job captain and project manager positions to be considered are those that can actively contribute to the project, practice and the community. Candidates must have a strong commitment to design excellence, a proven history of success in the craft of building design and demonstrated capability of producing a solid set of documents. Applicants must possess excellent design and problems solving sensibilities, be collaborative team contributors and be motivated self-starters with experience in taking a project from initial design concept through construction documents and construction administration. We provide an excellent opportunity to grow quickly within a small and growing, design-oriented firm with exciting diverse projects of various scales and types, from multi-family residential to commercial and spiritual commissions.
Preferred Qualifications and Achievements:
- Accredited architectural bachelor or masters degree
- Multi-family housing, mixed use development, master planning and commercial experience
- Junior Designers: Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in an architectural office; talented interns may be considered
- Intermediate Designers: Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in an architectural office
- Architect: Minimum of 7-10 years experience with a California license (or on an immediate path to licensure taking the AREs), designing, managing projects and project teams
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Motivated and able to work efficiently either directly with the principal or as part of a team, and possess a good sense of humor
- Capable knowledge of REVIT, with proficiency preferred
- Experience with Vectorworks Architect, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office, as well as 3D visualization programs is also a major plus
- Accreditations (LEED, NCARB, Build It Green, etc.
- Memberships and Associations (AIA, NCARB, SPUR, ULI, etc.)
- Applicants must be locally residing or planning an immediate move to the Bay Area
Please send only PDFs of the following or links to your:
• One page maximum introduction letter briefly describing relevant experience, professional aspirations and interest in working at our firm
• One page maximum resume
• No more than 3-4 pages of work samples that best represent your inspired design, working drawings and 3D modeling/renderings
• Links to your online portfolio or portfolio are encouraged, but not mandatory
• Please note that non-conforming responses will not be considered
• We are an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace
Please send your resume/CV, work samples and salary expectation addressed to Irving Gonzales to: design@G7Arch.com; salary is commensurate with experience. G7A offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, paid leave and medical coverage.
No calls, please. Thank you!