Join Our Team!
We hiring Designers and Architects, even through these difficult times!
G7A is a thriving small, award-winning architectural firm with a focused interest in the intersection of architecture, technology and the arts in the public and human interest. We maintain a sustainable approach to building and design, with an emphasis on social ethos and urban place-making that benefits people and community stakeholders. Our unique position in community design is recognized for its affordable housing for special needs, low income, formerly homeless in addition to non-profit service providers and spiritual commissions. The Bay Area is our home, and we strive to make it a better place one project at a time.
About the Position and the Projects...
We’re looking for capable, collaborative individuals that can work across teams as well as independently. All opportunities are full-time positions with our firm and may include collocation with partner design firms and a diversified clientele. The positions offer opportunities to learn and gain critical experience in the architecture profession, be exposed to a wide range of experiences in the practice of architecture, as well as to share and contribute your design chops, hone technical skills. We work on a diversity of project types including multi-family and mixed-use affordable housing, single family housing and accessory dwelling units, historical preservation, tenant improvements, SRO rehabilitation and structural renovations, and urban infill.
Why You'll Love Working With Us...
Our studio environment has been described as “frantic fun” in a light-hearted and light-filled small studio. We are as diverse as our project portfolio and it’s what keeps us engaged in our craft. We are highly collaborative in-house and as we team with partner firms on larger projects, and we encourage individuals to express their design chops! We support individual growth by elevating staff as emerging professionals and in their career ambitions. We value both efficiency and life-work balance, as what one experiences outside the office informs the design in office, and on our clients’ projects. Given that this is a small studio, it offers the right individuals’ amazing opportunities for personal and professional growth through practical experience, mentorship and professional associations and contacts. Our office structure and culture are anything but hierarchical. Instead, we function as a collaborative studio where the adage “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts” is very true. This is enhanced through our collaborative teaming with other well-known and highly regarded firms that are leaders in the practice of place-making, architecture and socially minded designs.
The best qualified candidates for the designer, job captain and project manager positions to be considered are those that can actively contribute to the project, practice and the community. Candidates must have a strong commitment to design excellence, a proven history of success in the craft of building design and demonstrated capability of producing a solid set of documents. Applicants must possess excellent design and problem-solving sensibilities, be collaborative team contributors and motivated self-starters. We provide an excellent opportunity to grow quickly within a small and growing, design-oriented firm with exciting diverse projects of various scales and types, from multi-family residential to commercial and spiritual commissions.
Preferred Qualifications and Achievements:
• Accredited architectural bachelor or master's degree
• Multi-family housing, mixed use development, master planning and commercial experience
• Intermediate Designers: Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in an architectural office
• Architect: Minimum of 7-10 years experience with a California license (or on an immediate path to licensure taking the AREs), designing, managing projects and project teams
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
• Motivated and able to work efficiently either directly with the principal or as part of a team, and possess a good sense of humor
• REVIT proficiency preferred
• Experience with Vectorworks Architect, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office, as well as 3D visualization programs are a major plus
• Accreditations (LEED, NCARB, Build It Green, etc.) are preferred, or in process
• Memberships and Associations (AIA, NCARB, SPUR, ULI, etc.)
• Applicants must be locally residing or planning an immediate move to the Bay Area
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter outlining relevant experience and interest in applying to our firm, resume and samples of work (5 MB maximum) in a single PDF file to design@G7Arch.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls, recruiters or drop-ins please. Salary is commensurate with experience. G7A offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, personal time off, paid leave and medical coverage. We also offer incentives towards attainment of professional licensure and accreditation.