Join Our Team!
We are looking to work with talented and inspired Creatives, Designers and Architects
G7A is a small, award-winning architectural firm with a focused interest in the intersection of architecture, technology and the arts all in the public interest. We maintain a sustainable approach to building and design, with an emphasis on social ethos and placemaking. The Bay Area is our home, and we strive to make it a better place.
About the Position and the Projects...
All opportunities are full-time positions with our firm. We are seeking to fill positions working out of our expanding home office in North Beach on new housing and rehabilitation projects, as well as in a collaboration/collocation arrangement in the Financial District with SmithGroup JJR for the Candlestick Point Center project as Associate Architect for the central site at Candlestick Point.. You may have seen this in the news lately. We are currently working on a range of other exciting projects, including a new LEED-ND master planned development, affordable housing in the Mission District that include accessory dwelling units as well as new developments. We're pretty excited about it all…and there's more to come.
Why You'll Love Working With Us...
We are a fun set of creative individuals, and it shows in our projects and relationships. We work hard to realize great projects that maintain their community roots in this fantastic city and Bay Area that we call home. We do what we love, and love what we do. Within a small studio environment, we offer the right individuals phenomenal opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our office structure and culture is anything but hierarchical. Instead, we function as a collaborative studio where we rely on the unique strengths of our entire team.
The best qualified candidates and contributors for the open positions will be considered. Candidates must have a strong commitment to design excellence, a proven history of success in the craft of building design and demonstrated capability of producing a solid set of documents. Applicants must possess excellent design sensibilities, be collaborative team contributors and be motivated self-starters with experience in taking a project from initial design concept through construction documents and construction administration. We provide an excellent opportunity to grow quickly within a small and growing, design-oriented firm with exciting diverse projects of various scales and types, from multi-family residential to commercial and spiritual commissions.
- Accredited architectural bachelor or masters degree
- Multi-family housing, mixed use experience
- Junior Designers: Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in an architectural office; talented interns may be considered
- Intermediate Designers: Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in an architectural office
- Architects: Mininum of 7-10 years experience with a California license (or on an immediate path to licensure taking the AREs), designing, managing projects and project teams
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated and able to work efficiently either directly with the principal or as part of a team, and possess a good sense of humor
- A minimum working knowledge of REVIT is obligatory, and proficiency is preferred.
- Experience with Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office, as well as 3d and visualization programs is also a major plus
- Applicants must be locally residing or planning a move to the Bay Area
Please send only PDFs of the following or links to:
• One page maximum cover letter briefly describing relevant experience and interest in working at our firm
• One page maximum resume
• No more than 3-4 pages of work samples that best represent your inspired design, working drawings and 3D modeling/renderings
• Links to your online portfolio or portfolio are encouraged, but not mandatory
• Please note that non-conforming responses will not be considered
• We are an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace
Please send your resume/CV, work samples and salary expectation to: design@G7Arch.com; salary is commensurate with experience. G7A offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, paid leave and 100% paid individual medical coverage.
No calls, please. Thank you!